Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Four Month Birthday, my little princess ... (yes, a day late)

Boy did we celebrate for Zoey's four month birthday ... wanna know what she got to do??? Take a bath! You heard me right, the kid is four months old and had never had a "real" bath ... between being in the hospital, the g-tube, then the surgery - we've been restricted from actually putting her in the bath tub! We got the go-ahead as far as the g-tube right before surgery, I didn't see the point in doing it then. The last time we saw the cardiologist he said it was fine as long as we didn't submerge her chest ... but I was still nervous, but finally I got up the nerve to do it! She didn't seem to mind it, which is good, granted only her tiny little bum was actually submerged in the water - but still - it was a whole new experience for her to even be in her tub (I've been doing the sponge baths on her changing table). So, no fancy photos for my four month old princess, rather some special photos of another first time experience:






Zoey had her four month well baby appt - she was 12lbs. 9oz and 23.4in long (apparently the length hasn't been too accurate?)! that puts her in the 30/40% on the "typical" growth chart and in the 70%s on the down syndrome growth chart! She's doing great ... AND - we haven't used the tube for the past two days (today will be day three) - yay!

No comments: