Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Eight Month Birthday, my little princess ...

yesterday was Zoey's eight month birthday ... it seems very strange that she is eight months old! partially because it seems like just a couple weeks ago that we were driving to the hospital, visiting the NICU, traveling to L.A., and bringing her home and partially because she still seems like a little baby! don't get me wrong, she's growing and progressing very nicely (even if, perhaps, "slowly") but she's still pretty small! she can still fit in size 2 diapers, though we've moved her to size 3. she still fits a lot of her 3-6month clothes - especially pants ... she has moved into some of her 6/6-9/6-12month shirts and one piece outfits (her 3-6month pajamas were getting tight, so she's moved up in those too)! she has the smallest feet of any of my babies - I think she still fits a size 1 shoe (I think my others were at least a size 3 by this age). she's getting lots of hair - I can't wait till it's enough to put in little piggy tails. for some reason, since returning home from our trip, she has become quite whiny ... I believe it's just that she wants attention, because most of the time holding her or playing with makes the whining go away - like magic! she does fight sleep these days too ... possibly because she's getting overtired as she doesn't sleep much in the day (I've been trying to put her in her bed - finally - for nap times ... so far it's unsuccessful, she just works up into a cry). if we go in the car, she'll usually fall asleep - other than that it's difficult as ever to get her to fall asleep ... and then there's the issue of keeping her asleep with other loud children (I probably should transfer her to her bed, huh?!). also since returning home, I began offering her baby cereal ... and have now added a bit of applesauce - last night was the first time I felt she actually swallowed a good majority of what I fed her (she sort of rolls it around on her tongue and eventually just drools it out, usually) ... so maybe she's getting the idea?! anyhow, she's still a happy little girl - if not just a bit spoiled - and you really can't look at her without smiling yourself!

No comments: