Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zoey is one year old!


one year ago, our lives were forever changed.
we added a fourth child to our family.
we welcomed a new baby daughter to the world.
we began a journey down a brand new road.
we learned how it feels to have a baby in the NICU.
we were reminded how precious every life is.
we were blessed.

I can't even go through our first year with Zoey ...
there's just so much to say!
we've been through so much - she's been through so much.
it's been crazy, calm, hectic, hilarious,
chaotic, peaceful, insane, wonderful, life changing ... blessed.

I feel very blessed.

as we said good-bye to 2010 I realized just how much
I have learned ... and also how much I still
have to learn. how far we still have to go with Zoey
as she continues to grow and become a
sweet little girl.

I pray that it will be a year of much progress.
I pray it will be a year of more peace.
I pray that I will be better.
am I the only mama who sometimes feels my children deserve much more?

my precious Zoey Grace - you are amazing.
you are beautiful.
you are precious.
I love you more with each passing day.
I hope we'll be buddies as you grow older, I already imagine us that way!
you are such a sweet and lovely little baby girl.

Happy First Birthday, my little princess!

1 comment:

Wilderness Mama said...

She is so incredibly cute!!!! I enjoyed all the pictures of her, and the countdown. You really know how to celebrate LIFE! :) Happy birthday, Zoey!!!!