Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Two Week Birthday, my little princess ...







You know the photographer in me has been aching to get some "good" pics of Zoey - and by good I mean not just pics of the day to day, but something a little more special! I wanted to dress her up, I wanted something to put up on my wall! So, as her two week birthday approached - I decided that would be the perfect day to do it (and the doc said I could, so that worked out too). I made this bow months ago, it was one of the first bows I made after I found out I was having a girl! So, I picked a simple little shirt and took her bow and the blanket Nana made and did a little photo shoot during our visit today!

Update on Zoey: last night the nurse told me the lasix didn't work quite as well as they wanted, today the doctor said it did get the fast breathing down a little and the liver is up a little again (yesterday it was lower than it should be) and she has been peeing, but I think overall they didn't get the response they had hoped for. She also lost weight for (at least) the third day in a row. Now they're giving her NeoSure, so basically she's having formula - but it's mixed into the breastmilk for added calories. Granddaddy finally is healthy enough that he got to go today and see and hold Zoey - he said he had a little talk with her and told her to start gaining weight so she can come home, he said she perked up! She is just such a sweetie-poo! I can't wait till I can have her at home, but I want it to be when she's ready ... there's still some things to figure out with pediatrician care, etc. All things must be lifted to God and He will provide all we need and show us how to care for Zoey and how to recognize the subtle changes, that's a big prayer for when she does come home - we have to be able to recognize things and know when a call to the doctor is in order, etc.! Keep up those prayers all! God bless

4 comments:

JulieVosburg said...

Abbie says, "She looks so pretty!" :) LOVE all the new pics with her cute little bow on!
I will continue to pray for God's perfect timing with everything.
Love you!

jandswood said...

I just LOVE the pictures of sweet little Zoey!!! she is so beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us! I am praying she gets to go home very soon!

Yoderfam5 said...

Just adorable Sash...WOW :) I love the bow. Praying for you guys! LOVE YOU <3

Barbara said...

She is so cute, those are great pictures. Keeping you all in my prayers.