Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Month Old ...

my word, where has that month gone? Have I mentioned before that I'm feeling a little bit cheated ... here I've got my sweet little baby, the fourth baby I always dreamed of ... another little girl - and she has to be in the hospital! Sad. I'm trying to make the best of it, of course, but I do feel like it's so unfair. Beyond those feelings, though, is a huge gratefulness that I have a child who is relatively healthy and here on this earth with me, even if not yet at home ... and I know that day will come, when we can all be together as a family! I also know it's for Zoey's best and for her health that she remains in the NICU - but you know how it is (especially if you're a mama, you'll understand)! She seemed to be waiting for me when I got to the hospital today, quickly waking when I arrived and began talking to her ... doesn't she look cute in her green stripes???

she must have known it was her one month birthday, as she was sweet as ever while I got her all decked out and snapped away, her "official" one month photos (I'll be very glad when I can do some photos NOT in the hospital)!




and when I had finished up, she drifted off to sleep - what a perfect baby she is!

Some days it seems like she just got here and I think, oh my - how did she get this old? Other days, it seems like an eternity that I've spent driving to see her, staying in hotels, being away from home and my precious Annicka, Jericho, and Liam (I miss you all and can't wait to be home - and boys, I haven't forgotten that your both overdue for your "official" birthday photos!). I'm praying things will go great on thursday and that Zoey will come within the next week, how wonderful that will be! Yesterday the nurse said that they were actually backing off of the captapril (blood pressure medication) and felt that she may not need it?! I forgot to ask the final word on the upper g.i. study - I'll try to remember tomorrow though! That's about it for miss Zoey. Keep up the prayers. God bless all ...

3 comments:

HUDGINSFAM said...

Thank you for the blog. The nurses at Marian like to know how the little ones are doing. She looks great.
Thanks Again
Tammy RN

Jessi said...

Happy one month miss Zoey! You are such a precious blessing...and you loos adorable in your sunny daisy outfit! I bet your brothers and sister can't wait to hold you!

skinnysk said...

I just want you to know that I printed the pics of the sunny daisy outfit and Maddie is carrying it around saying cute, cute. Baby, cute cute.