Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Three Month Birthday, my little princess ...

can you believe it? I sure can't! My baby isn't a "newborn" anymore - sniff sniff. I was a little sad that I couldn't do cute three month photos ... but I've learned to accept that things are different with Zoey (my others had one, two, and three month photos - and that was back when I still took them places for their photos) and that it's ok! The point is, I still took photos of her the day she celebrated turning three months old ... and they're still cute, as they are of her! Daddy woke up with a slightly stuff nose and decided to play it safe (it ended up going away) so I went on my own and stayed a little over five hours. It was nice, even though she was asleep for most of it. When she did finally wake up, though, she talked to me and smiled at me ... oh how wonderful it was! But, then she got the hiccups and started to cry and I was so sad ... after about ten minutes of fussing she fell asleep - poor thing! So today's progress has included weaning off of oxygen, they were planning to remove it completely by tonight; they also stopped the lasix from being a continuous drip to every "so many" hours, and tomorrow will change it to by mouth/g-tube (she does still need it though as she's still "positive" - meaning she's taking more in than putting out); they took the dressing from the chest tube stitches off now, so no dressings at all! I was there for two feedings, the first one she wouldn't wake up ... and the next one I got to try to feed her, but she wasn't interested - bummer! Still, even though she has to be tubed - she's tolerating the milk and that's what's most important (also, they're not fortifying the breastmilk!). Her lungs are looking much better, they said "it's the difference between night and day" - so wahoo for that! She also had an echo (actually two, something about the first one not being able to see something?) but I haven't officially heard about that, the "tech" who did it just said it looked "fine"! Hopefully I didn't forget anything and sorry it's so mumbo-jumbo. Now to the real point of this post - the beautiful little three month old girl:






she was pulling out her oxygen tube again today!

No comments: