Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Twelve Week Birthday, my little princess ...

as you'll see, today it was all about just getting some photos taken - on the actual day - to have and to share! nothing fancy, although I did put an especially cute little outfit on her. my little Zoey is twelve weeks old, that's just crazy. she's doing pretty good. she's been a bit more fussy the past couple days and even waking in the wee hours, something she's never done! her eating is very hit and miss, one day we'll essentially only use the tube for meds ... the next we'll be finishing off every bottle through the tube. she's sweating a lot more with her feeds and has even been falling asleep again, I definitely believe that the timing for this surgery is perfect. today I tried several times, but couldn't get her to smile - makes me sad. I don't think she's feeling quite herself, my guess is she's heading back into congestive heart failure ... so, again I say, perfect surgery timing - praise Jesus! I finally had a "quiet" day today - after my insane week. got to do some fun stuff both late last night and today. tomorrow I need to get all packed, as monday morning I have other things to deal with - and then we'll be leaving after Zoey's 12pm feeding! please pray for safe travel, God's healing and guidance in the surgeons hands (and the entire team), God's complete will, no complications, God's protection through the process of surgery, compassionate/caring nurses, joy, peace, comfort, clear minds, open hearts! We've decided to take Liam with us, I know many disagree with this decision - and it may make visiting Zoey a difficulty (we'll likely have to visit one parent at a time, while the other is with him) ... but we want things to be as easy as possible for my mom here, so having just the big kids provides that - and we just want our other baby with us! I know some day I'll be able to think ... "remember when Zoey had her surgery" ... I can't wait for it to be behind us! but, for now, as we approach it - I just pray for my little sweetheart. she is just so precious. oh how I love her so!


wednesday Zoey was 10lbs 13oz and 23.1"

No comments: